Family Tattoos – All About It!
Family tattoos are trending. People are expressing their love towards their family through the tattoos! There are plenty of tattoos for your family. When one talks about family tattoos, they might get an image of a dull and boring symbol. But do not put yourself in the box and step out, there are fantastic family tattoos that carry a lot of emotions or feelings and can be attractive and beautiful.
In this article, you find out everything relating to family tattoos. You will be amazed to realize how even family tattoos can be exceptionally amazing, sexy, wild, and macho. There are answers to your queries. Find out everything here.
This page is sure to provide all the queries or frequently asked questions regarding family tattoos. Let’s dive into it!
What is Family Tattoos?
Family tattoos refer to the tattoos that are worn to tribute or in memory of or to express love towards a member of your family. The member can be mother, father, wife, husband, daughter, son, sister, brother, cousin, nephew, niece, grandparent, or even someone from outside your family who you treat like your own.
The tattoos can be simple, exotic, and sometimes unbelievable. These are simply the way of honoring the one who you love with the help of art in your skin that will last until your body starts decaying. Sometimes only tattooing the name of the family member or merely the name initial will also mean a lot.
A family tattoo is a simple tattoo that is dedicated to your family member. It does not have to have some unique features or anything that shall categorize the tattoo as a family one.
Why ink any Family Tattoos?
The love and attachment of a person with the family is the most strong attachment in the world. The accessory might not be constant forever, but there is a peak to it once in a life. You should get a family tattoo to express your love and thanks to the one in your family who means a lot to you. It is not a compulsion, but most people do it simply because they believe the greatest gift one can give another being is getting a tattoo relating to the person.
The love among the family people is unique and cannot be formed with another being to that extent. Therefore, celebrating the love of the family through a tattoo is an excellent idea. Sometimes, children get the tattoo of their parents because they want to thank them for making them capable of seeing the beauty of the world, and as their words cannot thank them enough, they get the tattoo.
Similarly, parents get the tattoo of their children either during their birth after some beautiful memories created because the children brought the missing happiness in the lives of the parents or the children made them proud of something. Sometimes, the grandchildren also get the tattoo relating their grandparents, and maybe they have more attachment with them. Getting a tattoo of a lost soul is also amazing. The one who has died will be in your memories forever with the help of the tattoo.
You have received absolute happiness in your life, you were turned back by everyone, but your family did not stop to support you. There were specific memories you have when the family was the only world for you. You can have some emotional memories with that favorite cousin, or you might have some unforgettable memories with your sibling, which you want to cherish. For relieving all these memories, people get family tattoos inked.
Our loved ones are our angels, and they are the anchors who keep us stay firmly in a place and provide all the positive energy. Family provides the strength to do any difficult task with ease. Also, you can always go back to your family despite the many failures you face. Words can never be enough to tribute family. Thus, people get tattoos inked.
Family Tattoos Types:
There are many types of family tattoos. The categorization can depend on what basis you want to divide it. The tattoos for a different member of the family can also vary.
Based on the relationship with the family members:
- Mother: For a mother tattoo, you have several options. You can get the portrait of your mother, breastfeeding a baby picture, merely the word ‘mother’ in your native language, few hearts, and so on.
- Father: You can add a mustache along with the word ‘daddy.’ You can have ‘daddy’s princess’ or something like that. Combining a portrait of your dad will also not be a bad idea.
- Grandparents: The best part about grandparents is their wrinkles, which make them unique. You can add a wrinkled face portrait as a tattoo.
- Baby: For a baby tattoo, there are several choices. You can add the date of birth. You can also make the entire baby tattoo on yourself. Another option is adding a name as tattoo and getting the picture of an angel or a cupid near that. You can also get the footprints tattooed!
- Siblings: For siblings, you can have identical tattoos. There can be a specific thing you both like, and you can get that thing inked.
- Pet: Sometimes, pets become part of the family without knowing. People also treat the pet as their family member, and in its memory, get the tattoo-like either paw print, date of adoption, name of the pet, etc.
Ideas On Family Tattoos:
Several ideas can be put in while talking about family tattoos. Find all about them below:
- Name initial: Sometimes, you can get the name initial of the person you love in your family. It is tiny. It stays there, gives you all the companion, and is little enough not to bother you much! A simple yet fantastic way to reflect affection.
- Date: Dates are extraordinary. It takes you back to relive the memories. The date can either be the date of birth of the person you love, expressing thanks to god for this very day to make the person’s existence. It can be an anniversary day to remind when you got the love of your life. The date can be the day when you lost your loved one. There are many possibilities with it.
- Quotes: There are plenty of quotes relating to family and its power or strength. These quotes will clearly express the value of family in your life. You can be creative and make your quotes. Or, you can ink the saying from your grandparents or parents.
- Portraits: Portraits will define the picture of the person this tattoo is all about. It is not easy to get someone’s face inked on your flesh. It is a tough decision. But people mostly choose to ink the front of their mothers or kids.
- ‘Family’: People also ink the word ‘family.’ Those who believe their life rotates around their families and if the family is their priority can wear the word ‘family’ as a tattoo. One can add multiple hearts, initials of names, and so on.
- Family tree: Family tree is also one of the popular ways to express where you have come from, and who are your people. It looks good and explains a lot.
What is the perfect placement for the Family Tattoos in your body?
The placement of any family tattoos depends on the size of the tattoo you want to have. If you have a big tattoo plan, something with multiple symbols, names, portraits, etc., you will require a prominent spot in your body. Is there a point on thinking about wrist or ankle or ear for having such big tattoos inked? Obviously, not.
Once you have finalized the size of the tattoo you want, you can skip thinking about the body parts where your tattoo is not going to fit well. So, this is how you reduce more options.
Moreover, it also depends on the attention you want for your tattoo. If you want it to be easily visible, and let people see it quickly, you can wear it on parts like arms, legs, shoulders, wrists, ankles, neck, above the chest, etc. But if you do not want to be much noticeable, wear it in between finger spaces, below neck near the chest, on the back, in the belly, etc.
What is the average cost of getting family tattoos?
The price of a tattoo is always unique. The price can vary depending on the size, type of ink, availability of resources, popularity of the studio, the artist’s experience, and so on. There is no particular thing like a fixed price. So, it would be foolish to range the cost of a family tattoo. A family tattoo itself cannot define anything despite the category of tattoos.
The tattoo artist charges the price depending upon the hours it takes to finish it. The hourly rates can be $25 to even $100. The price again can vary from one city to another and one country to another. What also matters is the quality of ink. Mainly it is the size.
If you are planning to get a tiny tattoo may be a name’s initials or the entire name. If there are more patterns or designs, the tattoo price can increase gradually. It is also clear from the hourly charges. If the tattoo size is enormous, the time to complete it will take longer too, and the price will be increased too.
Another factor that can vary the price of the tattoo is also the use of the needles. The needle that is used to make the tattoo can be of different qualities. There should also be sterilization of the needle before the beginning of the tattoo.
If the talent of the artist is outstanding, then the price can be even more. Sometimes if the artist helps you decide the tattoo you choose and help you also do the research, the cost can again increase. So, the price range is simply out of your imagination.
What are the procedures for getting a family tattoo?
Several steps are to be put in mind while trying to get a family tattoo or any other tattoos. Not following the steps or trying to skip steps can lead to infections, long term diseases, and lifelong regret. There is no option or choice, like regret, if you are doing things in the right way. So follow the steps and do not miss any of these.
Find the steps below:
Step 1: You need to do proper research on what tattoo you find suitable for you. Go through online articles and make sure the tattoo you have chosen is perfect.
Step 2: Determine the size of the tattoo. It is up to you, and also the tattoo you have chosen. If you have selected the size, it is easy to go to the next step.
Step 3: Determine the spot in your body where you want to get the tattoo inked. It is somehow determined by the size of the tattoo too. Could you do it?
Step 4: Find a perfect tattoo studio. The article has already explained how to find a proper tattoo studio, find out.
Step 5: Make a proper conversation with the tattoo artist about your design and listen to what advice you receive. If you wish, you can modify the tattoo in this step.
Step 6: Plan on getting it. Book a date when you are free from any deadlines, workloads, etc.
Step 7: Hydrate yourself enough a day before the big day. Avoid alcohol and any smokes.
Step 8: Do not panic. Make yourself comfortable with needles if it is your first time.
Step 9: Remind the artist about sterilization. Sometimes minor negligence can lead to severe damage.
Step 10: After getting the tattoo, you need to follow certain precautions. Else, there can be chances with infections.
What are the things to be put in mind after getting the family tattoo?
The responsibilities do not end after getting the tattoo. It would be best if you were extra careful at this time. Follow following steps, and this can help you to prevent from minor or significant infections:
- Avoid scratching, rubbing, touching: The place is obvious to itch a bit. It would be best if you avoided any contact with the tattoo. Even not with the clothes.
- Wear a bandage: Most of the artists suggest you wrap the tattooing region with a clean bandage with enough pores. It will avoid any contamination.
- Clean it: You need to clean the area after a specific time with soap that has the least fragrance. Clean ointment, blood, inks, plasma, etc. that is excess.
- Avoid public pools: Do not go to pools for two weeks, at least. The water inside the pool is highly contaminated, which can infect the region, which is too sensitive.
- Avoid scorching sun: It is better if you cover the area while under the sun. The scorching sun can also create an infection in the area.
- Seek help in case of pain or severe itchiness: You need to visit the artist in case you feel uncomfortable in the area. Severe pain or itchiness can be the sign of some unwanted infection. Seek help before it is too late.
Entire description, paragraphs of explanation, and all the fuss go in vain if one cannot portray what the words are trying to say. That is the reason behind adding a photo album. Here you get to choose among many family tattoos and pick yourself the perfect one. It also allows you to explore the best family tattoos on the entire Internet. Go through all of these and choose an ideal match for yourself!
In this article, one could find what the family tattoos meant. This article breaks the stereotype definition of a family tattoo, which has been called boring and pale forever. It is beyond that. Even a family tattoo can be stylish and outstanding. Some family tattoos are awesome and attractive too!
Here one could find the definition to family tattoos, types of family tattoos, ideas relating to it, the average cost of getting one, maintenance ideas, tips, the procedure to get it, finding the perfect studio ideas, etc. Moreover, it also dealt with tattoos with ideal placement in the body. The tattoos varied depending upon the role of the family member, attachment level, etc.
After all, the family is the only thing we have got from our birth. The most powerful bond is also a bond in the family. Therefore, one has to cherish all the affection and love through a permanent flesh print. It shall help recall and relive the old memories and take you back to those beautiful moments until your last breath.
Did you make it to the bottom? If you found the content informative and useful, time to share it with a friend now! It would be awesome if you could leave us some feedback.
Happy tattooing! Thank you for your time!